Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Frankie Challenge

Hi Stampers! I'd like to introduce you to the Frankies. :0) This past week while I was surfing the usual blogs I love I came across a challenge from Dawn Griffith to re-create the adorable Frankie card she had made. She got the idea from another fellow demo while at convention. To check out her post and to play along click HERE. I fell in love with the card and decided to play along with the challenge and create my own version of Frankie. I came up with 2 versions. Which one do you prefer?
This is Frankie #1. I added simple silver brads to his neck to create his "bolts". I think this is the one I am leaning towards since it would still fit inside a regular A2 sized envelope without having to fold in the side pieces like on Frankie #2.
This is Frankie #2. He has small pieces of Elegant Eggplant attached to the side of his neck using silver brads to create his "bolts". Dawn used the My Way punch from Stampin' Up! to create her bolts, but that is one of the punches I have not invested in yet so I had to improvise. I also used the large oval punch and the 3/4" circle punches for the eyes and nose instead of the circle punches Dawn used. I still think he turned out really cute and can't wait to send these out to all my family and friends for Halloween.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: None
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Card stock: Old Olive, Basic Black, WW, Elegant Eggplant
Other: Large Oval Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Silver Brads, sponges, scissors, dimensionals



2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my gosh these are cute...always fun to see a different version!

Karen said...

These are sooooooo cute! Both of them bought a smile to my face! I played along too - check my blog for my Frankie!!

Hugs from Australia

karen
xo