Monday, February 25, 2008

Faux Tile Technique

Today's cards feature a new technique called "Faux Tile". This is one of the techniques I will be teaching at my new upcoming Tuesday Technique classes. These classes will be held every other Tuesday morning starting March 4th at 10:00am-noon. More information on these classs can be found on my Stampin' Up! website Events page.



Here is a closer look at the first card we will be making. If you look closely you can see how the background has been made to look like a tile floor. This technique is very easy to do and provides you with absolutely stunning results! The colors of this card are River Rock and Chocolate Chip.



This is the second card we will be making featuring this technique. It features the color combination of Always Artichoke, River Rock and Chocolate Chip. I also added one of the new Rhinestone brads to complete the elegant look and feel to this card.




The last card we will be making features one of my favorite color combinations. I love pink and brown together and so I came up with this card using Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip. I know you probably won't find many pink tiled floors, but a girl can dream right?

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Baroque Motifs
Ink: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Pretty in Pink
Card stock: Chocolate Chip, River Rock, Always Artichoke, Pretty in Pink
Other: Paper Cutter with scoring blade, sponges, Earth Element buttons, Rhinestone brads, Dimensionals, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grograin ribbon, corner rounder punch

No comments: