Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Massive Swap Finally Completed!!!

Remember I told you that I was participating in a huge demo swap? Well I have finally- yes finally- finished all my card fronts for it. I had to make 50+ card fronts from this swap. When I started out I had an idea in my head about what I wanted to do. At the time I was in love with the new Faux Leather technique which I explained Here. I decided that I was going to use this technique on my swaps. When I was also designing my sample to use I also decided that I wanted everything on the card to have a rustic feel to it so I sponged all the sides of the base card stock and all the focal images as well. OMG! What in heavens name was I thinking? You can not image how many hours it took me to distress all the edges on all the pieces - keep in mind I had to make over 50 of the same design. Okay here's the math- 50 cards x 12 sides to distress = 2 ruined daubers never to be used again and one extremely sore wrist! I tried to entertain myself as I sponged away on these, but even TV didn't help. After about 2 hours I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I thought my troubles were over and it would be smooth sailing for the rest of the journey. Man was I wrong. Remember I told you I had decided to use the faux leather technique on this swap? Ugh! I had to tape, distress, emboss and cut over 50 pieces of card stock for the cards!!!!! Now looking at the card sample it doesn't appear that all this time and energy went into these cards, but it sure did! I have learned my lesson and will pass along my knowledge to you: When designing a swap card- always (and I mean always) keep in mind how much detail and time will need to go into creating more than one of your creation. Don't ever let your eyes be bigger that your design! So without any further complaining and whining here is what my finished swap card looked like. (enjoy beacuse I didn't make any extras to share!!!!)


Happy Stamping~


Stamp set: Bronc Buster, Weathered


Ink: Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Basic Brown


Card stock: Regal Rose, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Sahara Sand


Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Masking Tape, Clear Embossing Powder, Powder Pal, Heat tool, sponge daubers

3 comments:

Corie said...

This is GORGEOUS!!

My Studio Ink said...

Fantastic Cards, sad that there are no extras.. Thank Goodness for the photos :) TRS your hard work and talent.
Hugs, Lourin

My Studio Ink said...

I ment... TFS Thanks for sharing.. Not sure what the R would translate to. LOL