Friday, March 13, 2009

Buzzin by

Hi Stampers! I am totally in love with the cards I made today. These cards use a new set called Just Buzzin' By. The little bee's in this set are just adorable. The stamp set also includes a beehive and a little honey jar image which reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. They are super cute!!! The idea of this card is basically cased from Wendy Janson. I changed a few things on it, but the general layout and concept was hers. You can view her card HERE. For my cards I decided that I didn't want to use Bashful Blue, so I opted for Sage Shadow. For some reason I don't use that color very often and for the life of me I don't know why. I love the softness of it for these cards.
It's hard to tell from the pictures, but each of the little bee's has dazzling diamonds added to the wings and the flower. I love using Dazzling Diamonds on my cards. It just makes the whole card sparkle. The scallop circles are attached with dimensionals to make them stand out more and make the card more interesting. I also used my new Eyelet Border punch on this card and I love how it brought the entire card together. I don't know if I like this or the regular scallop edge punch better. I know I will be using both of them quite often though.
Since I loved how the Sage Shadow cards turned out I decided to also try to make a brighter set. Sorry for the blurry picture. For some reason I just couldn't get this color combination to come out clear!! I chose to use Pink Passion for this second set. This is another color I rarely use. I have such a hard time with all the bold colors and this card is definitely bright. With bright colors like this it would be hard not to cheer up someone's day! My challenge for you is to work outside your comfort zone on the next card you make and use a color that you normally wouldn't reach for. I'd love to see what you come up with.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Just Buzzing By
Ink: Basic Black, Stampin' Write Markers
Card stock: Sage Shadow, Basic Black, WW, Pink Passion, Barely Banana
Other: 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Eyelet Border Punch, Black Gingham Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds, 2-way glue, Dimensionals

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These turned out so cute Kimberly! Well done! I especially like the green one. And thanks for linking to my blog! Have a great week!