Sunday, March 8, 2009

Easter Treat Bags

Hi Stampers! I wanted to take a few moments here to show you the adorable little Easter bags we made at one of my workshops this past week. (Hi Jenny!) This adorable little bag would be perfect to fill with Jelly Beans, chocolate eggs or even some lip gloss or other goodies like that for Easter. These were very easy to make and the ladies loved the idea of this. I can not take credit for coming up with the basic design for them though. I have seen many blogs that have used the Top Note Die to make these cute bags. I just took their ideas and made them my own.

I wanted to use a spring color and so I pulled out my Pink Pirouette. I will sad when that colors retires with this catalog. I have grown very fond of it this past catalog season and prefer it over Pretty in Pink. Anyway...I used the Top Note die and my Big Shot to punch out the front and back of the bag. I then stamped the flowers randomly on the 2 pieces that I had cut out with Pink Pirouette ink. I also stamped the Easter greeting in the lower right hand corner of one of the panels. I then attached one of the panels to the side of a white paper bag that I picked up at Michaels. (They are smaller than the regular lunch bags) I then centered my large oval punch and punched out the handle of one side. Then I attached the opposite side of the bag and punched it out as well, using the previous oval punched as my guide. This gave me my "handle" for the bag. The Chick was stamped twice. Once on WW card stock and then again on Pink Pirouette. I cut out just the eggshell of the pink image and paper pieced it to the one stamped on WW. I colored in the remaining image with my markers and punched it out using my large oval punch. The scallop border was made by using 2 scallop circles. This entire piece was attached to the bag. The last thing I did was to tie a pick of pink ribbon to the handle to keep it closed.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: A Good Egg
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Basic Black
Card stock: Pink Pirouette, WW, Apricot Appeal
Other: White paper bag, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Punch, Stampin' Write Markers, Ribbon, Top Note Die & Big Shot

No comments: