Saturday, March 21, 2009

Cake good enough to Eat

Hi Stampers! Anyone want cake? This is one of the projects I have been working on this week. I think it turned out so cute. It was a lot easier to make than I expected. Don't you love it when a project turns out just how you envision it in your head? I saw the tutorial for this HERE. The directions are great and very easy to follow.

The new baby's room is done in purple and green so I wanted to carry over those colors on the diaper cake too. The purple car stock is pale plum. I covered it with a layer of DSP from the SAB paper. I love this stuff! I am so glad I have been able to get several packages of it. I know I will use it on a lot of upcoming projects. Remember: This is the last week to place an order to qualify for the Sale-a-Bration promotion and get FREE stamps, ribbon or DSP.

This is a little bit closer view of the cake. The cake is 3 tiers high. I embellished it with various toys and pacifiers for the new baby. I was lucky enough to find some small rattles and pacifiers in the soft greens and purples. The word "Baby" was done with purple chipboard letters I have picked up from Michaels. I used my crop-a-dile to punch holes in the upper and lower portion of each letter. I then threaded ribbon through the hole and added a jump ring before tying in a knot. I then would thread the next letters ribbon through the hole in it and through the same jump ring. It turned out so cute and can be used for a decoration in the baby's room afterward.
Happy Stamping~

No comments: