Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Haunted House

Hi Stampers! I have been busy making all those favors for Nathan's class this week and couldn't forget to make a few cards too. I had an image of a card in my head and this is how it turned out. I like it! I wanted to try and keep the colors to a minimum and keep it black and white. I think I was able to achieve that here. Unfortunately, some of the supplies (the designer paper and the brads) used on this card are retired Stampin' Up! supplies. You could easily create this using the current supplies though. I am trying to use some of my old supplies so I can make room for more of the new ones! See there is a method to my madness!
Of course the card couldn't be complete without completing the inside. I love using dark card stock for the base of my cards, but hate that it's hard to see when you write your message. I have the perfect solution (okay I admit I saw this on a bunch of other blogs so it's not my original idea) for you. Just add a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of lighter colored card stock to the inside. Decorate as you see fit!
Happy Stamping~
Stamps: House of Haunts (111574)
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Retired Stampin' Up! DSP
Other: Paper-Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Retired Silver Brads, Basic Gray Taffeta Ribbon (109064), Dimensionals (104430)




No comments: