Friday, July 18, 2008

Groovy Thank You

Whew! It has been awhile since I have been able to post! Sorry about that. Things have been so hectic around here lately and I have been just swamped. I have a lot of things to share with you. First of all, my new items from my pre-order arrived this week and I was able to play a little bit. I had another demo who was visiting the area from Ohio contact me and we set up a "play date" to share new ideas with the new sets. (Hi Carrie!!!) The card I am showing today uses all the new in colors and one of the new stamp sets called Wow Flowers which will be available next month when the new catalogs come out. This set reminds me of the 60's and I love the way this card turned out. The colors are so bright and fun.The card also features the new scallop border punch (I LOVE THIS!!!!) and the new buttons. Both of these items will also be available in the new catalog.
One of the reasons I have not been posting is because of the trip we took to WI to watch the boys compete in the AAU TaeKwonDo Nationals Championships. I am pleased to say the our entire team did extremely well. Being the proud momma that I am I need to take just a few moments to brag a little about my boys. My oldest took 3rd place in sparring and has qualified to try out for the Jr. National Team in September!! We are so proud of him. This is also another reason I have not been posting to my blog lately. He is under intense training now and I have been running him back and forth to training and regular classes. He and another teammate qualified for this honor and have been training 6 days a week to make their dream come true. If they make the National Team they will travel all over the world to compete.

Now if that alone did not make me proud, my youngest also out did himself again this year. He brought home the gold medal in sparring. He is now a THREE time National Champion!!! This is the first year in which I was able to go and watch him compete like this. The other 2 years he was National Champ I was unable to get the time off from work so I only got to hear about how well he fought. It was also a real treat for our entire family, since all of our family living in WI came to cheer both the boys on. I am so blessed and lucky to have such great kids!

Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Wow Flowers (from the new catalog)
Ink: Tangerine Tango,Kiwi Kiss, Pacific Point,Baja Breeze, Pink Pirouette,Riding Hood Red
Card stock: Kiwi Kiss, Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point, WW
Other: Scallop Border Punch, Paper Piercer, Striped Wild Wasabi Ribbon, Button

No comments: