Saturday, July 19, 2008

More new goodies...

Hi Stampers! Can you believe that it is the end of July already and the Christmas season is right around the corner? I always seem to be frantically making and sending out my Christmas cards at the last minute. Oh, I always have every intention of starting them in October, but one thing or another seems to come up and before I know it it is the middle of December with nothing to show for myself. Well, I promised myself that this year would be different! I will be strating to make my Christmas cards from now until December. :0)

One thing I really enjoy about being a demo is being able to pre-order items and hostess sets before they are offically available. I love being the first one to have something! When I saw the pictures of the new level 2 and 3 hostess sets I knew I was going to pre-order my 2 favorites. The set I think I fell in love with the most is called Deer Friends (Level 2 Hostess set). There are 8 stamps in this set which are all similar to the Batty for You set. All the stamps in this set feature a different holiday icon. (an angel, a gingerbread man, a reindeer, a snowman, a present, a Christmas Tree, a nativity, a Santa) I chose to use the cute reindeer image for this card. I stamped him in chocolate chip ink and punched him out using the 1-1/4" circle punch. Then I punched a piece of Riding Hood Red with the 1-3/8" circle punch and also punched a scarp piece of Chocolate Chip with the scallop punch. These were all layered together. I added crystal effects and dazzling diamonds to his nose to give him some character. The background paper is the new Bella Rose DSP which will also be coming out in the new catalog. It is absolutely beautiful. The sentiment is from another new set called Heard From the Heart. It seemed to coordinate so well with this card.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Deer Friends, Herad from the Heart

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red

Card stock: Chocolate Chip, Bella Rose Designer Series Paper, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red
Other: Blender Pen, Crystal Effects, Dazzling Diamonds, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Ribbon, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Scallop Punch

No comments: