Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Altered Clipboard

Hi Stampers! Here is the adorable altered clipboard that I made in my desk set ensemble. I love how it turned out and was amazed at how quickly it came together. I started out my painting the upper portion of my clipboard a green similar to certain celery. I let it dry and then used the clipboard as a template to trace onto my designer series paper. I chose to use the paper called Maine Blueberry. I love it! Green has always been my favorite color and I love it even more paired with blue. To give the clipboard some interest, I cut my piece of DSP about 1/3 of the way down and used the reverse side to give some contrast. Using Modge Podge I covered the clipboard with a thin layer and then added the upper portion of DSP. I let that dry and then applied another layer of modge podge (covering the upper layer this time) and adhered my bottom layer. I coated that layer with Modge Podge and set aside to dry. Once dry I added yet another coat and applied the ribbon to cover the seam. Another coat of Modge Podge, some decorative ribbons tied around the clip and I was done. I definitely need to make me some more of these. I don't know why I waited so long. :0)

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: N/A
Ink: N/A
Card stock: Maine Blueberry Designer Series Paper
Other: Clipboard, Modge Podge, Paint brushes, 5/8" Certain celery Grosgrain Ribbon, 5/8" Brocade Blue Grosgrain Ribbon

No comments: