Thursday, December 18, 2008

Homemade Desk Calendar

Hi Stampers! Isn't this the cutest desk calendar? Sometimes I amaze myself at what I can create under pressure. (It seems that I tend to do my best work when under pressure.) I made this using the 4" heavy weight coasters I bought from HERE. I printed out a 2009 calendar that I had downloaded from someone on SCS. I'm sorry but I can't remember which thread it was from. If you go into the forums and type calendar template I am sure you can find it. :0) I adhered another piece of the Maine Blueberry DSP to both sides of 2 heavy weight coasters. I ten sanded the edges with my sanding block. After printing out my calendar and cutting it to size, I layered it onto a piece of Ballet blue card stock and used 2 of my Brocade Blue Brads to hold it all together. This will allow the recipient of the gift to be able to just tear off the month as it passes.

To make the calendar stand up I put to coasters back to back and punched 3 holes in the top using my crop-a-dile. I was overjoyed to find that it went through both layers of coaster at once! You gotta love a tool that makes life easy! I then threaded pieces of the 5/8" Certain Celery Ribbon through the holes and tied in a knot on top. I made sure to leave enough room so the pieces can rotate and this can fold semi-flat when need be. The last thing I did was to attach some of the chipboard letters I had in my stash collecting dust to spell out her name. (wondering if my sister is going to read this before her gift arrives- Oh well Jen you'll just have to act surprised!!!)
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: N/A
Ink: N/A
Card stock: Ballet Blue , Maine Blueberry DSP
Other: 5/8" Certain Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, Crop-a-dile, Sanding Blocks, Brads, Heavy weight 4" coasters, Computer to print calendar

No comments: