Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fall Candle

Hi Stampers! I don't know about you but fall is my favorite time of year. I love fall. I always have. I miss the fall weather living in Florida. I typically don't do well with the heat, but give me a cool crisp October afternoon and I am in heaven. I don't know what it is. Maybe it's the smell of the fresh air, or the beautiful colors the leaves turn. Whatever it is, I get homesick each year about this time. Today's project is one that makes me think of home and the wonderful fall weather I will be missing soon. This is a quick, no fuss project that anyone, any age, any skill level can complete. I took some retired Halloween paper and adhered it to a jar candle that I picked up at the Dollar Store last year. (I used sticky strip to adhere the DSP to ensure that it would stick well) I then went through some of my fall stamps and found this cute one of a pumpkin from one of my retired sets. I colored it in with my Stampin' Write Markers and then punched it out with my Large Circle Punch. I punched out a piece of Only Orange Card stock using my 2" scallop punch from EK Success (the same company that makes the SU punches). I then attached it to the DSP around the jar using dimensioanls. Viola! You have an instant fall gift item. I plan on making a variety of these in different scents and lighting the throughout my home. It's a great way to make a house feel more like a home. :0)

No comments: