Friday, March 7, 2008

Baby Shower Invites


We spent most of the night helping set up the gym for a taekwondo tounrament that our school is sponsoring so I did not have time to create anything new for you. I was able to find this card which I had made perviously for my cousin for her baby shower last year. It was just one of the samples I sent her and this is the design she ended up going with. (Yes we knew it was going to be a boy!!)
The base of the card is bashful blue. The barely banana panel was run through my Cuttlebug with an embossing plate. I love how this gave such depth and texture to the card. The handprint is from the retired Stampin' Up! set called "I'm Here". It was stamped in bashful blue onto whisper white cs and them punched out and added to a bashful blue punched scallop. The scallop was paper pierced in each scallop and then outlined with a white gel pen.
The "shower" sentiment was from one of the $1.00 stamps I found at Michael's. I only stamped the portion of the stamp I wanted to use. This was then punched out with my key punch and blue gingham ribbon was tied to each edge and around the barely banana panel.
Wish my boys luck at the tournament. Both of them will be fighting as black belts. I'll let you all know how well they do tomorrow.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: I'm Here, $1.00 Michaels stamp
Ink: Bashful Blue
Card stock: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Barely Banana
Other: marvy punches, white gel pen, dimensionals, key punch, paper piercer & mat pack, blue gingham ribbon, Cuttlebug & embossing folder

No comments: