Thursday, March 20, 2008

Peep...Peep...Peep Bars?????

Well since today is the first day of spring I thought I would show you a "springy" project. :0) This is the gift Nathan took to school today for his home room teacher. I love the bright colors and these were super easy to make and make a great project to do with the kids. Nathan loved the fact that he could help me with the ingredients. This jar contains almost everything needed to make Peep Bars. The directions to make the bars is listed on the attached tag.
This is how the lid turned out. I wanted to have it match the Easter card that accompanied it. The card was from the post Here. I used another piece of a prints pack DSP from Stampin' Up! on the background and the eggshell. Isn't he cute? He kind of looks like the yellow peeps doesn't he?


This was the attached tag with the directions printed on it. I just had to add another one of the cute little chicks on the lower corner to tie everything together. The same DSP was used on the tag that was used on his shell. ( I just flipped it over and used the other side)
The idea for this project came from the gallery at SCS. If you haven't had a chance to check out SCS I suggest you do so. It is a great source of inspiration, templates and techniques. The thread that contains more information and directions on this project can be found here. If you'd rather - just drop me a line and I'd be happy to send you the directions.
Happy Spring~
Stamp Set: A Good Egg
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Prints Pack DSP
Other: Scallop Punch, markers, 5/8" Regal Rose Grosgrain Ribbon, dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch

1 comment:

My Studio Ink said...

What a Darling Project. Your so Talented. Ihave yet to do anythign for easter! It's too early this year, and it snowed here today.. Very hard to have Spring Thoughts with shovel in hand. LOL
Hugs, Lourin