Monday, March 10, 2008

A Fabulous Day!!

Saturday was a FABULOUS day for the Johnson boys! Both of my boys competed in the West Florida Taekwondo Championship tournament. They both did fabulous! DJ (my oldest son) moved up into the 14-17 year old division now. OH MY! I almost fainted when I saw the size of some of these boys. What do thier parents feed them???? There were 2 boys in this division who were well over 6'2" and weighed over 185 pounds! My son is about 5'2" and weighs 100 pounds. There is a big difference there! Thank goodness that they also break it down into weight classes when they spar. For those of you who know me, you know that this is one of DJ's first tournaments after being out for about 6 months due to a broken humerous. He did very well and we are so proud. He took 2nd in Forms and 2nd in sparring too.

Nathan also did very well. He moved up an age division this year, but also moved up a belt class too. He is now fighting in the 10 & 11 year old black belt division. He took 3rd in forms and 1st in sparring. Then he was asked to spar in 3 additonal exhibition matches. He won all those so he ended up coming home with 4 1st place trophies.

Okay enough bragging- on to some stanmping!!! Since we had such a fabulous weekend I was inspired to use the set Fabulous Flowers. These were 2 of the cards I came up with. It's hard to tell from the photos, but they both are very sparkly in person. I love using dazzling diamonds in my projects.

Here is the first card. The base of the card is river rock with groovy guava accents. I stamped the print pattern background stamp in river rock onto the river rock card stock. I then used my white gel pen to make small white dots between the diamond shapes. The flower images was inked in river rock and then sponged sporatically with groovy guava and stamped on whisper white. I used my 2-way glue pen to add the dazzling diamonds to the flower petal tips. The image panel edges were sponged with river rock before attaching to the groovy guava piece. The card is accented with the groovy guava double stitched ribbon and the rhinestone brads.

The second card uses the same color combo, just reversed. I stamped the print background stamp in groovy guava onto groovy guava card stock. I used the white gel pen to make the small white dots between the diamonds again. The flower images was stamped the same as above and dazzling diamonds were added to all the petals. I stamped the "Best Wishes" stamp from the Short & Sweet stamp set in groovy guava on each side of the flower panel before attaching it to the river rock piece of card stock. River rock double stitched ribbon was used on this card.
Hope you all have a Fabulous week! Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Fabulous Flowers, Print Pattern, Short & Sweet
Ink: River Rock, Groovy Guava
Card stock: Groovy Guava, River Rock, Whisper White
Other: White gel pen, dimensionals, Ticket Corner punch, Groovy Guava Double Stitched ribbon, River Rock Double Stitched ribbon, rhinestone brads,spong daubers






No comments: