Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Fun Easter Baskets



Aren't these just the cutest things you have ever seen? When I saw them along with a video tutorial on Angie Juda's blog I knew I just had to make then for my Stampers 10 Club members as an extra special goodie this month and also a few for some special friends. Though they may look difficult to make and very time consuming, they are not. I sat down and made up about 12 of them in about an hours time. Once I got started making them I just couldn't stop! I adore the main image which is the little chick from "A Good Egg" stamp set. I think he is just the cutest darn thing.



To fill the baskets, I added some pastel colored jelly beans to a medium sized cello bag and tied it closed with some pink taffeta ribbon. They fit perfectly inside this little basket and made the perfect little gift. The baskets I gave to my club members had shredded, crimped paper inside and a few special chocolate goodies instead of the bags of candy. I wanted them to have more of an actual Easter basket feel to them. I will be making these for the boys teachers this year and filling it with some other special goodies for them. I think I will let the boys decide which colors they want the basket done in. I know I only took pictures of the yellow ones here, but I also used pretty in pink, certain celery and bashful blue to make up the baskets.



This picture shows just how cute the handles of these are. The handles are made from 1/2" x 11" cardstock. They are added to the box using the Soft Subtle brads. So quick and easy and so cute, Cute, CUTE!


Happy Stamping~


Stamp set: A Good Egg
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Barely Banana, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Shimmery White
Other: Pink Taffeta ribbon, medium cello bags, Marvy punch, Crop-a-dile, Soft Subtle Brads, cutter with scoring blade, ruler, bone folder, various markers, 2-way glue, Dazzling Diamonds, dimensionals



No comments: