Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Anything but a flower...

Hi Stampers! I hope everyone is off to a great week! Today's cards feature the set Pick a Petal from Stampin' Up! This set has a bunch of different images which were designed to make up flowers. One thing I love about Stampin' Up! is that the stamp sets are so versatile. Using a little bit of imagination you can create so many other cards which don't even look remotely like the images that the stamps were designed for. The first card is a get well card. I needed to send out a get well card to my grandfather last week and when I went to look in my stash of cards I realized that I didn't have any get well cards left. It's not hard to figure out why with this nasty flu that has been making the rounds this year. I have seen many variations of this card on SCS so I can not take credit for the uniqueness of this. I think it is soooooo cute! I think that this card would brighten anyone's day that received it in the mail.

I have to apologize for the awful picture of the second card. This card also uses the Pick a Petal stamp set. I used the polka dot flower petal stamp to make the wings of the lady bug. They are stamped in purely pomegranate ink and then embossed with clear embossing powder. The body of the ladybug was made using the various sizes of circle punches. I added the flying path behind the ladybug by lightly drawing a trail with pencil and then punched holes along the trail with my paper piercer tool. Black brads were used at the ends of his antennas. This is another great card that can be used for a variety of occasions.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Pick a Petal, Sprinkles
Ink: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate
Card stock: Groovy Guava, Soft Sky, WW, Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock
Other: Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon, Pencil Eraser, Black Brads, Black Gingham Ribbon, Circle Punches, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer Tool

No comments: