Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Working with Chalks

Hi Stampers! I had several of you email me asking to see some of the cards we did at my last class that featured Stampin' Pastels (chalks) so I decided I would share some of them with you today. All of these cards had been cased from cards I saw on SCS. I fell in love with them and it made prepping for the class so much easier. Thanks to those of you who inspired these!! The first card is done using the Poppin' Pastel Technique. It is such an easy technique to do and gives such beautiful results. The script BG was stamped in certain celery before I stamped the flowers in Versamark and used the pastels. I love the elegant look to this card. This technique would also make great wedding cards/projects.

The next card features The Chalkboard technique. This is a great technique to use on dark card stock to make it "pop". It's hard to tell in the picture but the old olive piece is crimped with the paper crimper. It adds a lot of dimension to this card. This is a super quick card to make up birthday announcements or invitations.

The last technique we did was the chalk line technique I featured on THIS post. I changed the colors up a bit and used a more masculine stamp set. The main image is popped up on dimensionals and the white parts of the bird are colored in with a white gel pen. This made it look puffy and really makes the panel more interesting.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Birthday Whimsy, Always, Script BG, Petal Prints
Ink: Basic Black, Certain Celery, VersaMark, Whisper White Craft
Card stock: Lovely Lilac, Certain Celery, Pale Plum, WW, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Old Olive, Rose Red, Taken with Teal, Apricot Appeal
Other: Apricot Appeal 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Certain Celery Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Crimper, Certain Celery 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, Pastels, Pencil, Ruler, Cotton Balls

No comments: