Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally time to stamp!!!

These past few weeks have been crazy busy. I feel so unorganized lately. I have been actively looking for a new job and have been interviewing, but nothing right has come my way. You would think with being home all day I would have tons of time to stamp and create right? Ha! Today was the first time in over a week that I actually inked up a stamp and played a little. I think somewhere between all the interviews, the Tae Kwon Do fundraising events and DH's company picnic I lost my mojo. *sighs* I am hoping that I now have it back. I really enjoyed making the 2 cards I did this morning. Both cards were made using a very similar layout and the stamp set Just Celebrate from the Occasions Mini catalog. I love the images from this set so much. If you are looking for a set that has everything - this is the one to get. The images are so cute and what's even better is the stamps are die cut so no need to cut the images yourself. You just pop them out of the rubber, peel the back off and stick on your wood block. It's easy - peasy!!

The first card is done using a technique that Dawn Griffith featured on her blog last week. Her blog always has the cutest card ideas and she also has some wonderful video tutorials for those of you who are visual learners. The card is made using the "Chalk Line" technique. When I saw this on Dawn's blog I knew I had to try it. I have not used my Stampin' Pastels in forever and it probably took me twice as long to locate them as it did for me to actually make this card. This technique is so much fun and gives a great result. To make a card using this technique you will need: stamps, black ink, Stampin' Pastels, cotton balls, a ruler and a pencil with a good eraser on it. Be sure to check out Dawn's video tutorial HERE. If you try this technique on your own leave me a comment with a link to your card on this post.


The second card I made is rather "dimensional". I stamped the cute owl image 3 times on whisper white card stock. I colored them all using my Stampin' Write Markers and mounted one on to only orange card stock. Then I cut the owl's body out without her wings and mounted this layer on top of the first image using dimensionals. With the third image I only cut out the very center on the image with her ruffles and mounted this on the 2nd layered image with dimensionals. I then added some Star Dust Stickles to her ruffles to give her some bling. I love how it looks like she is popping right off the page.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Just Celebrate, Sprinkles, All Holidays
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa
Card stock: Close to Cocoa, Only Orange, WW, Summer Picnic DSP

Other: Stampin' Write Markers, Cotton Balls, Ruler, Pencil with Eraser, White Gel Pen, 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon, 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon, Rhinestone Brad, dimensionals, Star Dust Stickles, Stampin' Pastels

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bee-You-Ta-Full!! So glad to see you stamping again. Now, where are my pastels??? huuuummmm..
(((HUGS))
Lourin