Friday, May 30, 2008

Fruity Coasters


Don't you just love it when you get an idea in your head and when you go to make the project it turns out EXACTLY how you pictured it? I was shopping in Target last week and was browsing through the Dollar Spot (I LOVE the dollar spot!!!) I happened to stumble across these picture coasters. They were packaged in a set of 2 glass coasters and had a place in the back to slide a picture in of your choice. As soon as I saw these a light bulb went off in my head. I saw the images of the Tart and Tangy set from the Occasions Mini catalog in these instead of pictures. I snatched up as many of the coaster pairs as they had and came home to try out my idea. Here is the end result. What do you think? I plan on giving them out to hostesses during the month of June. Once I found my design to work as planned I think I hit every Target store in a 30 mile radius and grabbed these coasters, so hurry and get some for yourself today!!

Here is the apple one close up.


the cherry one....



the orange one...although you could make this into a lemon or a lime if you'd prefer just by changing the color of ink. I have even seen this made into a watermelon piece too. My picture of the strawberry coaster was blurry so I decided not to post it, but you can get the idea from looking at the other ones. Hope you're off to a fabulous weekend!
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Tart & Tangy, So Very
Ink: Garden Green
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Stampin' Write Markers, Picture Coasters from Target

No comments: