Monday, May 12, 2008

Happiness Doodle

Isn't this card so spring looking? I love how it turned out. This card features the set "Doodle That" (page 94 in the Spring-Summer Collection Catalog). I love how the images of this set look like they have been hand drawn or "doodled". This card is very simple, yet looks so gorgeous. I have been missing last year's In Colors - especially Cool Caribbean, so I pulled out some of my coveted Cool Caribbean paper and my homemade Cool Caribbean Marker for this card. I first stamped the swirl image randomly on the strip of Cool Caribbean with Whisper White Craft ink. Then to add some dimension and to make it "pop" more I took my marker and added "doodle dots" along the swirls. This piece was added to the Certain Celery card base. The main image was stamped in basic black classic ink and then colored in using markers and blender pens. It was then placed on a piece of basic black card stock before being adhered to the card base. The final step was stamping "happiness" in basic black to the lower right hand corner. Hope everyone is off to a wonderful week.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Doodle That, Warm Words
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White
Card stock: Certain Celery, Cool Caribbean, Basic Black, Whisper White
Other: blender pens, markers

No comments: