Friday, May 23, 2008

New Baby Cards

Happy Friday Stampers! Can you believe that another week is almost over and now it's time for a 3 day weekend? WooHoo!!! Think of all the time you may get to stamp! Speaking of stamping, aren't these 2 cards adorable? I made them first thing this morning. (See I told you I found my Mojo!!) I had cleaned my stamping area earlier in the week and it's made all the difference in the world to me. I know where just about everything is AND believe it or not I have kept it pretty clean all week. Amazing I know! One new rule I am trying to enforce upon myself is that if I don't clean up and put all the supplies away, I have to use what is sitting on my table when I start to stamp. So, using that rule I had to use some of the Afternoon Tea DSP since it was still; sitting on top of my table from the post it note holders. :0)

The colors of the paper scraps reminded me of a baby boy so I found my Just Celebrate stamp set from the Occasions Mini catalog and inked up the "New Baby" stamp. I decided that since I had some smaller pieces of DSP cut I would paper piece the cute elephant. I stamped him twice on the Afternoon Tea paper and then cut him out. The 2nd image I only cut out his ear and popped that up on a scrap piece of rubber from mounting the stamps. (Helpful Hint: Save the pieces of your rubber that you cut off when mounting your stamps. You can use these pieces instead of dimensionals. Just peel the pink rubber part off and stick on the back of the piece you want to adhere. Then peel of the backing and "Viola!" you have a dimensional.) I layered this piece on a piece of Close to Cocoa, added some dots around both pieces. A strip of the DSP was adhered to another piece of Close to Cocoa and a piece of double stitched Soft Sky ribbon was wrapped around and tied in a knot. The card base was stamped with Fontastic BG stamp (retired) in soft sky ink. Lastly I added 2 rhinestone brads in the lower left corner to finish off the card.

I stuck with similar supplies on the second card. The same colors and paper were used. The card base on this card was randomly stamped with one of the stamps from the Sprinkles stamp set and white doodle dots were added in between the images to give some depth. I decided to use some of my Chocolate Chip Twill ribbon from the Occasions Mini on this card. I love the feel of this ribbon. I have been hording it since it seems to feel silky to me. The elephant panel is popped up on dimensionals this time and the small dew drops were added underneath using small glue dots.
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday week and please drive safe if you are traveling.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Just Celebrate, Sprinkles, Fontastic (retired)
Ink: Basic Black, Soft Sky
Card stock: Soft Sky, Close to Cocoa, WW, Afternoon Tea DSP
Other: Double stitched Soft Sky Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Twill Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Stampin' Write Markers, Dimensionals (or scrap rubber), Rhinestone Brads, Faux Dew Drops

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sooooooooooo Glad you found your moJo.. If you find mine.. would you please put a stamp on it and mail it to me.. *sigh*
Looks like you ahve been a busy lady!! Keep up the great stampin.
Have a SAFE Holiday Weekend!!
Great Big Hugs!!
Lourin