Tuesday, June 10, 2008

A Little Birdie told me....

Hi Stampers! Today's card features a set that I got several months ago, but just had a chance to pull it out and play. I needed a birthday card for DJ last week and wanted something bright and fun. His favorite color is orange so I wanted to incorporate that into his card as well. The background was made using the Birthday embossing template and the cuttlebug. Then I swiped only orange ink across it to give it color on the raised portions. In real life it actually looks like it is tie-dyed. The bird is stamped in basic black ink and colored in with various Stampin' Write markers with blender pens. I outlined him with a going gray marker to give him some depth. I stamped the hat onto only orange paper and cut it out. The circles were colored in with a white gel pen and it is added to the card with a small dimensional. I added white dots around the frame and added some white dots to the orange grosgrain ribbon as well. DJ must have liked the way this card turned out because it was the only one he decided to keep. :0) I'm glad he appreciated it since it was made with love.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: A Little Birdie Told Me
Ink: Basic Black, Only Orange
Card stock: Only Orange, WW
Other: White gel pen, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, Cuttlebug & embossing plates

No comments: