Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sailing Away

Hi Stampers! Living in sunny Florida I sometimes take for granted the beautiful scenery we have here and the gorgeous sunsets. Today's cards are a tribute to those beautiful summer night sunsets. I turned these cards into a few Father's Day cards for family members. I know my FIL will really appreciate this one since they belong to the local yacht club. I saw similar cards done on another blog (sorry I can't remember where) and fell in love with the color combination. I would have never thought to use these colors together on my own, but they really work well together. The colors in these cards are More Mustard, Soft Sky, Basic Black and WW. It is hard to tell in the picture, but the black panel on the card was run through my Cuttlebug using the bubble looking embossing folder. I also distressed the edges of the panel to give it a rustic look.

I punched a hole using the 3/4" circle punch on a scrap piece of paper. Then I used it as a mask and using a sponge I sponged more mustard onto the image panel. Then I stuck the circle punched out on the mustard circle and lightly sponged soft sky around it to make it "pop" more. The end result is very stunning IRL. If you make a card using this color combination I would love to see it. Please post a comment here with a link to your card.
Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Winds of Grace
Ink: Basic Black. Soft Sky, More Mustard
Card stock: More Mustard, Soft Sky, Basic Black, WW
Other: Black Brads, Distressing Tool, 3/4" Circle Punch, Sponge Dauber, Cuttlebug & embossing folder

No comments: