Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More Pun Fun

Hi Stampers! WOW! That weekend went by super fast! I am exhausted from all the running I had to do. I don't think I got to sit down for more than an hour on Friday and Saturday. We are getting down to the wire now to get the boys ready for the Tae Kwon Do National Championships in Madison, WI and so we are doing more fundraising and extra practices. They only have 3 weeks to perfect their forms, strengthen their muscles and stretch. Sometimes I wonder if Mom is more nervous about it all then they are!!! Nathan is a 2 time National Champion in his age/ belt division. He thinks of it as fun and can't wait to step out onto those mats again in front of 1,000's of people. I think he feds off the attention. DJ qualified for Nationals last year, but broke his shoulder on June 12th so he was unable to compete. He went and watched his team and I think it was good for him to see the other side of it. He has been working hard this past year to regain his mobility and strength in his right arm and we are hoping this is his year. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers the week of July 4th!!!
Now on to the the great cards I have for you today. These are the second set of cards I created to go in the cute Pun Fun box I made on the previous post HERE. These cards use the Cutie Pie DSP paper and Pun Fun stamp set. I think this little Skunk is absolutely adorable. The flower he is holding matches the DSP on the top portion of the card. That is one of the things that I love so much about Stampin' Up! I love the fact that all the inks, card stock, ribbon, stamp sets and punches coordinate together so well. It really takes the struggle off making things match when creating.

The whale card features some of the Hodge Podge Hardware. There have been rumors that the Hodge Podge Hardware sets that are currently offered in the catalog will no longer be available once the new Fall/Winter catalog comes out in August. If you are a lover of these pieces you still have time to stock up! Contact me today to place your order!
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Pun Fun
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Bashful Blue, WW, Certain Celery, Cutie Pie DSP
Other: White Gel Pen, Double Stitched Purely Pomegranate Ribbon, Bashful Blue Gingham Ribbon. Hodge Podge Hardware, Brads

No comments: