Friday, June 20, 2008

Love, Heart, Liberty & Soul

Hi Stampers! Things have been crazy busy here this week. I have been helping out at the TaeKwonDo school during the training camp for the competition team this week so other things have had to take a back seat. Next week we leave for WI and the boys will start competing at the AAU TaeKwonDo National Championships the following Tuesday. I am very excited AND nervous. (The boys are not nervous but Mom sure is!!!) While I was helping out at the school I brought along a few stamping supplies with me to keep me occupied. Okay...actually it looked more like I was moving in the place, but really I just couldn't decide what project I wanted to do so I lugged more with me than I really needed. The first project I worked on were these patriotic cards. A few weeks ago my youngest son decided that we needed to do more to show our appreciation for the military of this country. We did some research online and found a website to "adopt" a soldier and their unit. We will be sending care packages and letters. DS decided that we should make some really cool cards to send them to thank them for all they do for us. I couldn't agree more so these are a few of the cards we will be sending in with our boxes of goodies.
These cards both feature the set The Free and the Brave. I am so glad that this set is not on the retired list. I just got it and want to be able to play with it a little more before having to pass it on. After assembling the cards I still thought they were lacking in something. Then I remembered I had a small container of chipboard stars with me so I dug them out in a hurry. To my dismay all the stars were either black, brown or white. The white ones were great but I was hoping to add more to the card so....I just used my stampin' write markers and colored the backside and Viola! I had chipboard stars in any color I needed.

This picture shows a side view and lets you see how much depth and dimension they can add to a simple card. If I had my dazzling diamonds with me I probably would have added some sparkle to them. Oh well there is always next time as I plan to make a bunch of these up.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: The Free and the Brave
Ink: Basic Black, Brilliant Blue
Card stock: Brilliant Blue, Real Red, WW
Other: Stampin' Write Markers, chipboard stars

No comments: