Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Be Happy!

Hi stampers! Today's card is one of the cards we made at the last stamp-a-stack class. This card was a bit out of my comfort zone for me. I love how the card turned out, but admit that the colors are not my normal preference. I think I tend to migrate toward the rich regals and soft subtles more that the bold brights. Once again this set features a set found on the dormant list which is still available even though it is not pictured in the catalog. One thing I have noticed when working with the brighter colors is that a little bit of detail colored or added with the white gel pen really subdues the brightness. On this card I stamped the flower image in basic black and then colored in just the centers of each flower using the white gel pen. Then I added some white doodle dots the the panel and again on the main image panel as well. It just tied the entire card together. My challenge for you is to try using colors outside of your comfort zone and see what you can create. You may be pleasantly surprised!

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Just B
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Pink Passion, Basic Black, WW
Other: Black Gingham Ribbon, White Gel Pen, Small & Large oval punch, Key Tag punch, dimensionals

No comments: