Sunday, August 24, 2008

Halloween is in the Air

Hi Stampers! I must still have Halloween on the brain after creating the adorable Frankie cards the other day. I pulled out my Haunting Halloween set and made these really cute cards. Both cards have the image stamped in basic black ink and then are colored in using Stampin' Write Markers. I LOVE Stampin' Up!'s markers and will never switch to another brand. The colors are so vivid and I love the fact that there is a brush tip and a finer tip on each marker. It's like having 2 markers in one!!! The first card also features the new scallop border punch. It makes creating scalloped borders so much easier now. I also sponged all the edges on each layer of card stock to give it a "spookier" feel. I tried using the stamping sponges (found on page 193 in the current catalog) instead of the sponge daubers I normally use. WOW! What a difference. I think I will be switching to sponges for all my distressing and sponging needs. I was able to get a more even coverage using the sponges than with my daubers AND they are more cost effective for me since I cut the sponge up into 6 smaller pieces. I can get 18 sponges for just $3.50!!! You can't beat that!

The second card is very similar to the first. I just switched out color layers and added some ribbon to the bottom. All layers on this card were also sponged with the stamping sponges and Lovely Lilac Ink.


Happy Stamping~


Stamp set: Haunting Halloween

Ink: Basic Black, Gable Green, Lovely Lilac, Stampin' Write Markers

Cad stock: Gable Green, Only Orange, Lovely Lilac, WW

Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Stamping Sponges, Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon, Green Grosgrain Ribbon (retired)

No comments: