Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Happy Boo to You!

Hi Stampers! I must still have Halloween on the brain because each time I sit down to stamp lately everything I create seems to have a fall theme to it! I think that it also has a lot to do with the fact that I love fall. It has always been my favorite season. It is one of the things I miss the most living here in Florida. I grew up in the Midwest (Wisconsin. Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois) and the fall colors up there are amazing. I loved looking at all the trees with their multicolored leaves. I can remember having to rake the leaves and of course couldn't help jumping in once I was done.

Anywho...back to stamping. I started out with a completely different vision in my head when I started this card. It is nothing like how I intended it, but I am totally happy with how it turned out. The pumpkin image is from a retired set which I am going to miss so much. I think this is one I will continue to hang on to even though it has been retired. It is called Carved and Candlelit. I stamped the pumpkin once, masked it and stamped 2 more times. Then I added the face to each, sponged Kiwi Kiss ink around the edges and added some black brads in the corners. This card uses a lot of dimensionals. Everything is popped up, including the base layer of close to cocoa. The bat background is from a retired set called at Halloween Backgrounds and the "Boo" saying is also from a retired set called Best Fiends. (Sorry I am still waiting for my new goodies to come from Stampin' Up! - I am trying patiently to wait and not stress but I ordered well over a week ago and it hasn't even gone into picking stage yet!!!)

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Carved and Candlelit, Halloween Backgrounds, Best Fiends
Ink: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Card stock: Tangerine Tango, Kiwi Kiss, Close to Cocoa, WW
Other: Sponges, Dimensionals, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Black Gingham Ribbon, Black Brads, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer

No comments: