Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Holidays

Hi Stampers! Have you survived the masses out before the crack of dawn today? Every year I decide to hit the stores starting at 5am. I know- some of you think I am crazy, others can relate to the adrenaline rush that happens. The good thing is I am usually about 80% done with shopping by the time I get home. I have developed my strategy over the years. I have my route planned out and I even know the right places to park. It's been mostly due to trial and error, but I now have a master plan and I stick to it every year and I am home resting with my feet up by 11am. :0)

Today's card is yet another Christmas card. It's not one of my favorites. In reality- I really don';t care for it, but thought I would post it anyway so you can see that things don't always turn out how you want them to. I think it is the DSP I used. I love most of the designer series papers we carry, but every once in awhile there is just one style that does not suit my taste, but I push myself to use it anyway. This is such the case. I don't know what it is about these flowers but they are just NOT my thing. Perhaps it's the colors? I don't know, but rather than use the other side which I really like - I forced myself to try to think out of the box a little bit. (Obviously I didn't think outside hard enough to create something nice *lol*) Anyway- the card base is old olive with doodle dots made with the white gel pen randomly. Then the layer of DSP was applied with a piece of Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon wrapped around it. The image is from the Big on Christmas set layered on Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Big on Christmas
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Old Olive, Holiday Treasure DSP, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip
Other: Stampin' Write Markers, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, White Gel Pen

No comments: