Saturday, November 29, 2008

Quick and Easy Holiday Ornaments

Hi Stampers! I thought I would take break from cards today to show you a really cute project you can make with your kids. These are some ornaments I made using circle chipboard coasters, designer series paper and some chipboard snowflakes I already had on hand. (I was unable to find mine from Stampin' Up! in the Something Seasonal pack) I started out by dipping my snowflake pieces in versamark ink. Then added Iridescent Ice embossing powder and heated with my heat tool. They turned out so sparkly and shiny. They would have been cute just one thier own, but I wasn't going to stop there. :0)

Next, I took the circle chipboard coasters and traced them onto the backside of the designer series paper I wanted to use. Had I been able to find my Coulzzel it would have been much easier, but no- I like to do things the hard way! I then attached the designer series paper to the coaster and sanded the edges with the sanding blocks. I did this to both sides of the coaster so when it hangs on the tree it can be seen from either side. Then I added my snowflake on one side of the coaster. I was going to add another on the other side when I had an idea. (I know, I know- hard to believe!!*lol*) I am putting pictures of the boys on the back side to send to family up north. I will also stamp the year on the back so everyone can remember what the boys looked like at this age. The other ones I plan to stamp a "To: & From:" on the back and use as gift tags.

To finish off the ornaments and make them actually "look" like Christmas ornaments, I punched out scraps of matching card stock using my Round Tab punch. I attached this to the top portion of the coaster and punched a small hole to loop the silver cording through.


I love how the different designer series papers look on these. Each one is unique and beautiful.


Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: None
Ink: Versamark
Card stock: Various Designer Series Paper, Various scrap card stock
Other: Chipboard coasters, Chipboard snowflake pieces, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, heat tool, Round Tab punch, Silver Cord, 1/16" Circle Punch, Tombow Multi Purpose Adhesive

1 comment:

Krista said...

great project -- i've done something similar w/ leftover CDs from work