Thursday, November 27, 2008

Let it Snow with a Big Shot

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I really should have made a Thanksgiving card or in the very least a fall card, but I have been on such a roll with my Christmas cards that I didn't want to ruin the creative juices. Hope you and your family have a wonderful turkey day with all the fixings. :0)

I fell in love with this card when I saw another demo make it and decided I had to try it out for myself. (unfortunately I do not know who was the original creator of this design, but if it was you please let me know so I can give proper credit- I saw it on SCS) This card allowed me to use several of my favorite items- designer series paper and my Big Shot. Put those 2 things together and how can you not have fun?

The card base is old olive with a layer of real red. A piece of Holiday Treasures paper was adhered to the red layer. Using the Snowflake #2 die with my Big shot machine I cut the snowflake out of Shimmery White card stock and added it to the card base. It adds some nice sparkle to the card with out being overpowering. I stamped the "Let it Snow" image from the Big on Christmas set and colored it in with Stampin' Write Markers. Then layered it onto a piece of old olive card stock. Since the right hand of the panel looked bare I punched out a 1-3/8" circle from an old olive scrap and a folded it over the layered image panel. I added my real red brad and attached the entire panel over the snowflake. Such a cute card!

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Big on Christmas
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Old Olive, Real Red, Holiday Treasures DSP, WW, Shimmery White
Other: Real Red Brad, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, Big Shot, Snowflake #2 die

No comments: