Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cherished Hearts


Today's card is one of the cards that was made at my Valentine's Day Stamp-a-Stack earlier in the month. I love how elegant the card turned out and how easy it was to assemble. This card features one of my favorite stamp sets - Baroque Motifs. I have to admit that when I first saw the set in the catalog I didn't think much of it. In fact, I really didn't care for it. Then I started seeing some really great cards at SCS and it made me change my mind. I broke down and added this set to my next order. Now I find myself reaching for it more and more. It can be used for just about any type of card- birthday, anniversary, get well, sympathy, and even Valentine's Day!

I started out by stamping the large swirl in close to cocoa onto very vanilla card stock in the bottom left corner and the upper right corner. I stamped the word Cherish from the set in purely pomegranate ink in the lower right corner. Then I adhered that layer to a layer of purely pomegranate. This was then attached to the close to cocoa card base. The hearts are actually from a retired Stampin' Up! set called Happy Hearts. I think it is about the only heart stamp set I own and they worked beautifully for this card. The hearts were stamped in purely pomegranate onto very vanilla card stock. They were then cut out leaving a slight vanilla border around them and attached the to card using dimensionals to make them stand out more. I plan on giving this card to my hubby this year. I hope he likes it!

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Baroque Motifs, Happy Hearts
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Purely Pomegranate
Card stock: Close to Cocoa, Very Vanilla, Purely Pomegranate
Other: Stampin' dimensionals

1 comment:

Dawns Stamping Shop said...

Beautiful V- Day card .. Love the color combo you used too girlie :-)