Saturday, February 2, 2008

Vintage Car Birthday

Good morning everyone. Today's card is one that I needed to whip up in a hurry. My boys were invited to a birthday sleepover last night and of course, I procrastinated making the card to go along with the gift. The birthday boy is completely into cars and models. He is even helping his father restore a Studebaker pickup truck. How cool is that? Not too shabby for a 12 year old! Anyway, the boys also love the hotwheel flames and so I tried to incorporate that into the card as well. I am hoping they had a blast last night and the birthday boy enjoyed his gifts & card.

The image was stamped with basic black ink onto whisper white card stock. It was then colored in using pumpkin pie and summer sun markers. Summer sun ink was distressed on the edges before adhereing the image to the punpkin pie card piece. That layer was attached to a layer of real red which also has the new Rhinestone brads from Stampin' Up!. I love these brads in both the fire and ice colors. They add such a nice addition to just about any card you're making. That layer was attached to the base of the card using dimensionals which already had a piece of Harley Davidson scrapbook paper ahered to it. I think I got that paper at Michael's awhile ago. It seemed to fit perfectly with the look I was going for. All in all I think the entire card took me 15 minutes to make. I think it took the boys longer to pick out the actual gift than it took me to make the accompanying card! *lol* I have more samples I will be uploading over the weekend. I have some Sale-a-bration cards I plan to post to get everyone in the mood. Don't forget Sale-a-bration started yesterday and ends March 17th. You too can receive a FREE stamp set with every $50 purchase (before tax & shipping).

Happy Stamping~

Stamp Set: Classic Convertibles
Ink: Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie marker, Summer Sun marker
Card Stock: Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, DP from Michael's
Other: Rhinestone brads, dimensionals, sponge dauber

No comments: