Sunday, January 4, 2009

Adorable Snow Bunnies

Hi Stampers! I have some really cute cards to share with you today. I am so excited with how they turned out. For Christmas I received the Koh-i-noor colored pencils I had been asking for. (Thanks Jenny!) I have been itching to use them with the gamasol technique but wanted to use an image that would really let me see how these woodless pencils work. I had been looking on All That Scraps website and saw these adorable images by C.C. Designs. Aren't they just the cutest thing you have seen? I couldn't wait to color these adorable images so I opted to buy the Digi Downloads of these images and give them a try.

I had never used anything like it and really wasn't sue if they would work or smear when I tried to blend, but for the most part they worked really great. I will be using more of this option in the future. I really like how you can size the images to whatever size you need.

I was really impressed with the vivid colors of these woodless pencils. They colored so nice and smooth and blended even better. I really like them better than my prisma pencils.
When making these cards I also wanted to use some other embellishments that I have been "hoarding" throughout the year. One of my New Years Resolutions this year is to NOT hoard any of my stamping supplies. One these cards I used brads, stickles, ribbon, dazzling diamonds, buttons and rub-ons. I was proud of myself with these! My challenge for you is to try something new and use up those items you have been saving for a special day!
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Digi Download Snow Bunnies (C.C. Designs)
Ink: Printer, Rose Red, Ballet Blue
Card stock: Rose Red, Chocolate Chip, Close to Cocoa, Ballet Blue, Certain Celery, Maine Blueberry DSP, Chocolate Chip DSP, WW, BasicGrey Paper
Other: Brads, Buttons, Stickles, Circle Punches, Scallop Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, White Gel Pen, Paper Piercer, Rub-Ons, Ribbon, Koh-i-noor Woodless Pencils

No comments: