Thursday, January 22, 2009

Upsy Daisy Card Sample #1

HI stampers! Today's card is a closer look at one of the card samples I posted in the group picture yesterday. When I first saw this set in the Stampin' Up! Catalog I knew I had to get it to make cards fro my mom. Daisy's have always been one of her favorite flowers. I don't know that I have ever seen a navy blue daisy before, but in my imagination they grow so I figured I could recreate one on paper. :0) I used the Top Notch Die and my Big Shot to make the panel the main image is on. This makes it so easy to cut things out. I LOVE my Big Shot and am so excited to be getting some of the new dies and embossing items which are now available in the new catalog.

To make the flowers I colored directly on the stamp using my Stampin' Write markers. Then I "huffed" on the stamp before stamping it to wet the ink. I sponged old olive ink on the edges to soften it up before adhering to the night of navy layer. The background paper is from the Urban Garden DSP from Stampin' Up! I added some of the old olive ribbon and buttons to finalize this card. Tomorrow I will show you the 2nd card I made in the set. It's just as beautiful!

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Old Olive, Stampin' Write Markers
Card stock: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Urban Garden DSP
Other: Ribbon, Buttons, Dimensionals

No comments: