Friday, January 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Treat Holders

Hi Stampers! Aren't these little mailboxes just the cutest things you have ever seen? I made a few of these last year for the boys teachers. I picked up the mailboxes at the Target Dollar Spot. (I LOVE that place!!!) Last year they had white, hot pink and red ones available. This year- I was so excited to see that have silver and metallic pink ones too. I picked up a few of each. The one in the picture above are just the white ones and the hot pink ones.

On all 3 of these I chose to use the Happy Heart Day stamp set from Stampin' Up! My favorite image from the set is the elephant, but I thought the little mouse holding the heart as perfect for these. Each of the mailboxes is covered in pattered paper. Some of it I have had for years others is Stampin' Up! retired paper or paper I picked up at the Target Dollar Spot. (See I told you I love that place!!!) After attaching the paper I embellished each one a bit differently using ribbons, brads, prima flowers and stamped images.


For the third box I used the sticky cut heart shapes and my chunky glitter. I love how quick and easy this was to decorate this box. I know it is hard to see in the picture, but this mailbox has 2 glitter hearts on the side with the flag. One is in chunky pink glitter and the other is in chunky white glitter. I used the scallop square punch to create a little "postal stamp" image and attached it to the flag post, added a bunch of ribbon and I was finished.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Happy Heart Day
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Grey
Card stock: Various Pattern Paper, WW
Other: Ribbon, Sticky Hearts, Glitter, Punches, Dimensionals, Brads, Prima Flowers,Markers

No comments: