Sunday, January 25, 2009

Upsy Daisy Card Sample #4

Hi Stampers! Here is the final card I promised to show you. This card I just added 2 small strips of ribbon over the designer paper to tie in the colors. I also stamped the sentiment in Old Olive in the upper right hand corner of the focal image.

One of the latest crazes this year is to finish your card on the inside as well as the outside. I have always stamped an image on the back of the card and signed my initials and the date so when giving the card the person receiving ti knows that it was homemade and that I was it's creator. This is something that takes "finishing the card" in a new perspective. The base of my card was Night of Navy so I knew I would have to add something on the inside so I could write and the recipient would be able to see it. I don't always have my white gel pen on hand so I really needed it to be a lighter color that could be written on in just about any color.

This is the end result that I came up with. I attached a piece of very vanilla to the side and stamped my birthday wishes. Then I took a scrap of the same designer paper I used on the front of the card to add a strip to the vanilla layer. The end result is a stunning card which had been handmade inside and out.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Upsy Daisy
Ink: Old Olive, Stampin' Write Markers
Card stock: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla, Urban Garden DSP
Other: Sponges, Dimensionals, Top Notch Die & Big Shot, Ribbon

No comments: