Wednesday, April 8, 2009

An Easter Activity


Hi Stampers! It's Spring Break here so I have been spending a lot of time with the boys this week. I decided that one of the activities we would do was to dye Easter Eggs. We haven't really done this activity in a few years. I thought the boys were getting too old for it, but Nathan proved me wrong. DJ on the other hand was too old and "too cool" to attempt such an activity. His loss!

Nathan and I had a great time today with this. We used a white crayon on some of the eggs before we dropped them into the dye. It warmed my heart to see the smile on Nathan's face when we pulled out the egg to see the dye had not taken to the areas where he drew with the white crayon. I think that was his favorite part of the whole thing.
Recently I have started going threw my stacks of pictures to try to get them somehow organized. While looking through them I realized that I didn't have many of the boys during Easter time. I definitely did not have any of them coloring eggs so I thought today's activity would give me a perfect chance. I plan to use these pictures soon on a 12 x 12 scrapbook page.
It's times like this that make me realize just how fast they are growing up. It seems like just yesterday I was holding them in my arms and rocking them, having them depend on me for their every need. *sigh* Appreciate the time you have with your kids while they are young. The years fly by faster and faster as they age. Take time to do the activities with them when you can because before long they won't think it's "cool" to hang out with mom any longer!!!
I will be back tomorrow with another project I have been working on. I love how awesome it turned out and it is another way to help preserve memories!
Happy Stamping~

No comments: