Monday, April 13, 2009

Very Versatile

Hi Stampers! Today's card is one that I have been waiting to show you for a few weeks now. I made this card for a demo's only swap I was in. I love swapping with other demos and stampers. It is a great way to get samples of new sets and ideas for new stamps. It gives me an opportunity to provide my customers with a variety of new samples to see without having to purchase all the new stamp sets coming out.

Anyway...this is the card sample I sent to the swappers in the last round. It uses the new stamp set Very Versatile from the Occasions Mini catalog (pg. 5). I can see so many possibilities with this stamp set. The sentiment sayings that come with it are perfect and give such a wide selection. This set could be used for just about any occasion.

I colored with my Stampin' Write Markers directly onto the rubber of the stamp, huffed on it (this always sounds so wrong to me), and stamped it directly onto a piece of whisper white card stock. The edges were then sponged with chocolate chip ink before layering onto summer sun card stock and chocolate chip card stock. The base of the card is summer sun followed by a layer of chocolate chip and a layer of Good Morning Sunshine DSP. I used the eyelet border punch to punch a strip of chocolate chip before adding that to the card base under the image panel. I used the mat pack and paper piercer tool to add some decoration to the corners of the card base. The sentiment was stamped in chocolate chip ink under the image panel and a piece of Apricot Appeal was tied in a single knot and attached with a mini glue dot.

I was so happy with how this card turned out and am looking forward to making even more with this set.

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Very Versatile
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Stampin' Write Markers
Card stock: Summer Sun, Chocolate Chip, WW, Good Morning Sunshine DSP
Other: Mat pack and paper piercer, Eyelet border punch, 1/4" Apricot Appeal Grosgrain Ribbon, sponges

1 comment:

Erin Bigler said...

Came here through SCS and I have to say, in addition to LOVING this card, your blog is drop-dead gorgeous!!! I really like your style...thanks for the inspiration!