Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Patchwork Card with Top Note Die

Hi Stampers! If you have a quilter or a sewer in your life then I have the perfect cards for you! I saw these cards done all over SCS and on several blogs I browse regularly and knew I needed to try them for myself. I am so glad that I did. They are some of the cutest cards and can be so versatile. By switching up the sentiments you can make one for any occasion.
For this card I used the new designer paper from the Occasions Mini catalog called Walk in the Park. The colors for this are so fabulous and so springy! (Basic Grey, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, Baja Breeze, So Saffron)

It's hard to tell from the photos, but I used the textured die plates with my big shot to give the background some added interest. I also used the Top Note die to cut out the main panel and then ran it through the Big Shot with the same textured plate. It really makes it look like a quilt!

I also used some of the SAB designer paper called Delicate Dots. (since I have so much of this on hand!!!) I sponged all the edges of the Top Note die cut with Sahara Sand ink to make them stand out more.

These cards also gave me a chance to use one of the new stamp sets and punch from the Occasion Mini catalog. The stamp set is Oval All and I Paired it with the new Scallop Oval Punch. Add a little bit of ribbon, a few dimensionals and the cards are complete.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Oval All
Ink: Basic Black, Sahara Sand, Stampin' Write Markers
Card stock: Sahara Sand, Certain Celery, Bashful Blue, WW, Delicate Dots DSP, Walk in the Park DSP
Other: Scallop Oval Punch, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Textured Die Plates, Dimensionals, sponges

1 comment:

to Creative Inks! said...

These look great! I love them. I'll have to try one.