Saturday, April 4, 2009

Simple Birthday Wishes

Hi Stampers! While surfing the web trying to find some inspiration and mojo I stumbled across a few cards that really caught my eye. For the life of me I can not find these cards to link them here so if you recognize the card layout and style please let me know so I can add a link here.

Sometimes while stamping we forget that less is more and that some of the most elegant cards are the simple ones. This is the case of today's card. I am one who loves to make quick and easy cards to have on hand and give out. With the style of today's card you can whip out a ton of these cards in a short time. There are only 2 colors of card stock, one color of ink and one embellishment. That's it! Easy- easy- easy!

I stamped one of the floral images from the Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set (I am telling you this set is a must have this year!!!) in white craft ink randomly across my layer of Pacific Point card stock. I let the ink dry a bit before adding the white centers of the flower with my gel pen. This made the flowers "pop" more of the dark background. I used the scallop edge punch on the base of the piece of pacific point card stock, added some ribbon, stamped my sentiment on the card base and I was done!

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Fifth Avenue Floral
Ink: Whisper White Craft Ink, Pacific Point
Card stock: Pacific Point, WW
Other: Scallop Edge Border Punch, 5/8" Pacific Point Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, White Gel Pen

No comments: