Saturday, September 6, 2008

Girly Girl Skulls

Hi Stampers! Are you tired of looking at projects made with this set yet? *grin* I decided that I needed to make some feminine looking card versions. Skulls seem to be the in thing for both males and females this year-especially teens. Once I looked at the previous cards I thought I needed to brighten them up a bit. I combined Basic Gray with the new Pink Pirouette. I really like these 2 colors together.
I tied the pink color of the card stock into the card by adding crystal effects to the eyes and adding pink chunky glitter. The ribbon on this card is once again from Michaels. The skull image is popped up on dimensionals.

I used the new 1-1/4" Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon for this card. While I love the color and feel of the ribbon I am having a very difficult with it's width. It is too wide for my tastes and so I don't see myself using it for many cards. I think it would be better suited for alterable items or 3-D items. Since I added the pink ribbon to this card I also wanted to make this skull card even more girlish (no not ghoulish!!!) so I stamped the bow in basic black on pink pirouette scraps and cut them out leaving a slight pink border. I then attached them to the skull using crystal effects to make it look like pigtails. *grin* It's also hard to tell in the photo but the crossbones and the teeth are covered in crystal effects to give them a glossy look. There you have it - a girly girl skull card!
On a side note- please keep my son in your thoughts and prayers today. We are in Ft. Lauderdale for the AAU Taekwond Do National Team Trials. My son will try out to see if he will make the National team and represent our country for the 2008-2009 Year. *fingers crossed* I will keep you posted on how well he does.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Just Jawing, Gratuitous Graffiti
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Black Stampin' Write Marker
Card stock: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, WW
Other: Crystal Effects, Pink Chunky Glitter, Ribbon (Non-SU), 1-1/4" Pink Pirouette Grosgrain Ribbon, Dimensionals, sponges

No comments: