Thursday, September 4, 2008

You Rock Pull Out Card

Hi Stampers! Every catalog release there is always one set inside that catches my attention more than any others. This release the Just Jawing set and matching wheel are what caught my eye. I see so many possibilities with this set, being that I have 2 boys. My youngest loves anything with skulls and crossbones on it. He loves all the pirate movies.

This was the very first pull out card I have tried to make. I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly and easily this came together. I will definitely be making more of them in the future. (Club members be prepared to make one of these soon!!) I don't have a template for the pull out card and just kind of winged it to what I thought looked right. (After all beauty is in the eye of the beholder correct?)

The cross bones on the skull are covered in crystal effects (another new embellishment I am totally addicted to now) and covered in the chunky glitter. The eyes are colored in using a black Stampin' Write Marker and then covered in crystal effects. I LOVE the effect this has. They look almost like candy. The ribbon is not Stampin' Up!. I found this at my last venture to Michael's. I knew I had ordered the Just Jawing set and knew it would coordinate perfectly with it. I think I need to pick up a few more while supplies last. (It was in with all the Halloween ribbon)

Happy Stamping~

Stamp set: Just Jawing, Gratutious Graffiti
Ink: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker
Card stock: Basic Gray, Basic Black, WW
Other: Ribbon (non-SU), Silver brads, sponges, Crystal Effects, Chunky Glitter

No comments: