Monday, September 22, 2008

One HUGE Cupcake!

Hi Stampers! Today's card was super easy to make using some of the new designer series paper found in the catalog. I had a hard time deciding just which ones I wanted to purchase first. They all looked super cute and I really wanted them all......but my checkbook wouldn't allow that so I had to settle for a few of my very favorites. So.....which ones did I get you are probably asking yourself? I decided on Hawaii Papaya, Maine Blueberry, Ghostly Greetings and Summer Picnic. For this card I stamped the huge cupcake from the set Simple Birthday Thanks onto some of the Hawaii Papaya DSP. I then cut it out and glued the pieces to a piece of Old Olive card stock. I then stamped the cherry portion of the stamp onto WW card stock and colored in using my Stampin' write Markers. I cut it out and attached it to the cupcake image using a dimensional to make it stand out more. Then I covered it in crystal effects. I also outlined the entire cupcake image with crystal effects and sprinkled dazzling diamonds on. I love how this turned out. Side Note: Instead of inking the entire image up I chose to "color" the image parts I wanted with a black marker before stamping on the DSP. This let me omit the wording in the center of the image. It's a great way to customize your stamps and make them more versatile.
Happy Stamping~
Stamp set: Simple Birthday Thanks
Ink: Stampin' Write Marker
Card stock: Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, Hawaii Papaya DSP
Other: White Gel Pen, Dazzling Diamonds, Crystal Effects

No comments: